TUESDAY, JANUARY 23, 2018
SPRING DRIVER’S TRAINING SIGN-UPS: Students must be 14 years and 9 months by April 6, 2018. Sign-up sheet is on the office window.
SNOWCOMING – Snowcoming Dance, February 10th, visitor forms are available on the office window. This form must be approved by the Wednesday before the dance by Mr. Tyers.
NHS - Regular meeting tomorrow, Jan 24 at 7:20 am in Room 108
CITIZENS OF THE MONTH: Congratulations to the students of the month for December 2017, 9th Grade - Kylie Gould, 10th Grade - Emma Wisniewski, 11th Grade - Emily Prell and 12th Grade Brett Ward. These students will be enjoying lunch tomorrow, January 24th with Dr. Hammond at "The Pizza Mill"
SOPHOMORES & JUNIORS: If you wanted to visit a CTC program and didn't get a chance during our CTC tours, plan on visiting the Career Tech Center's 'Connect with Tech' open house from 5-7 pm on Wednesday, January 24th. You can drop in and visit any of the programs. Parents are encouraged and welcome!
SPEED and AGILITY TRAINING – Every Wednesday morning at 6:30 am through May. Open to all athletes 6th through 12th.
HS STUDENTS: Auditions for the Performing Arts for Showcase 2018, are Thursday, January 25th after school in Mrs. Thompson’s room.
LOST & FOUND: Please take a look at the lost and found table in the cafeteria for belongings that might belong to you. Thank you!!
ATTENTION STUDENTS: Please remember (as stated in the handbook) you are not allowed to stay in the building after school unless you are supervised by a coach, advisor or staff member.
STUDENTS: If you are driving to school you MUST have a parking permit, please see Mrs. Goyings to get your parking pass.
STUDENTS: Please remember to turn in your concussion, emergency, technology and lunch forms to the office.
COLLEGE CORNER (Seniors)
Local Scholarships: Outside Ms. Igl’s office in the colored files
- SENIORS may sign up outside Ms. Igl's office to attend the Community Foundation for Muskegon County Scholarship Presentation on Wednesday, January 24th during 2nd hour. The Community Foundation awards over $600,000 in scholarships every year to local students.
- Deadlines depend on the scholarship and range from December to April
- Michigan Scholarships: At MI Student Aid by completing the Scholarship Search Request
- National Scholarships: scholarships.com or other search website
- Gerber Foundation Scholarship - This is for seniors with a 2.0-3.70 GPA and is valued at $2,600. Applications are due February 28th, 2018
- Fremont Area Community Foundation - By completing this scholarship application, you will be considered for over 90 scholarships. Applications are due March 1st, 2018
- Muskegon Community Foundation Scholarships - By completing this scholarship application, seniors will be considered for over 200 local scholarships. Applications are due February 15, 2018
- Cameron Beattie Scholarship Application is now available. Application Deadline – March 25, 2018.
- The deadline for the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is March 1st
- You MUST file the FAFSA to receive financial aid from colleges and many scholarship programs
- Ms. Igl can help you with filing the FAFSA, applying for TIP, and understanding award letters from colleges
- If you’ve been accepted to a college, let Ms. Igl know and she will make you an accepted banner for your locker. We want to celebrate your achievement!
Meeting with Ms. Igl:
- If you have ANY questions or concerns, meet with Ms. Igl
- Email: email@example.com
- Text: Use “Remind” code @holton2018
- In Person: Must have teacher permission