PAYMENT AND MEAL ACCOUNTS:
For your convenience, we accept payment with MasterCard, Visa or Discover credit cards or checks on-line. You may visit the Meal Magic deposit website at www.sendmoneytoschool.com and register your family; this requires you to have your student(s) ID number(s). After approval you will have instant access to your children's account histories and the ability to make credit card or check on-line deposits using a secure internet connection. Students are allowed to only charge up to two meals. You are ultimately responsible for ensuring that your child has money in their account. Please call us with any questions. (231) 821-1731
Electronic applications may be filled out by going online to http://www.lunchapp.com/. Or you can print the application which is available on the left hand side of this page. You will receive a letter confirming your child's/children's lunch status when the application has been received and processed. In the meantime, their lunch status will carry over from last year for the first 30 days of the new school year.
Chartwells School Dining Services brings fresh ideas and innovative
concepts to school dining services. Chartwells currently manages over
550 public school districts. These districts range from one to hundreds
of individual school locations. We serve approximately 2.5 million
students in over 4,000 elementary, middle, and high schools across the
country. Our customers include kindergarten through twelfth grade,
school staff, administration, parents and community members. With over
8,000 associates, we are dedicated to providing our customers with the
best school-dining program possible.
The Chartwells Promise:
Nourishing students is not only our business; it's our commitment to the
communities we which we serve. Chartwells is a diverse family of
dedicated food and nutrition specialists serving the academic community.
We deliver customized solutions that benefit our partners through
Chartwells commitment to serving nutritious foods to students:
Chartwells' menus are nutritionally balanced. We meet or exceed USDA
menu requirements for menu planning. Our menus support the Dietary
Guidelines for Americans and MyPyramid. Our dieticians support districts
in menu development and nutrient analysis of recipes. Our programs make
it easier for students to choose more healthful foods.
As your school food service provider, Chartwells looks forward to
serving your child nutritious meals planned according to our new
Food and Nutrition Guidelines, developed by registered dietitians to
promote student health and wellness and to be earth and community
friendly. Below is what you can expect to see, and not see, on the
menus we plan for the 2010-11 school year.
OUR SCHOOL MEALS- WHAT'S IN....
· At least one whole grain and serving of fruit at every meal
· Fresh fruit and fresh vegetables at least twice per week
· Orange fruit at least once per week
· Dark green/orange vegetables at least 3 times per week
· Beans and other legumes at least once per week
· Locally grown produce
· Cage free shell eggs, sustainable seafood, and poultry without routine use of antibiotics
· Lean proteins including vegetarian and plant based
· Reduced fat cheese, dressings, and spreads
· Vinegar and oil alternative to salad dressing
· Foods seasoned with low sodium herbs and spices
· Hormone free skim or low fat milk with no artificial sweeteners
· Lower sugar and higher fiber breakfast cereals
· Right sized muffins and cereal bars with no sugar as 1st ingredient
· Small controlled portions of syrup and jelly
AND WHAT'S OUT....
· Deep fried foods or artificial trans fats
· Salt packets, salty snacks, or MSG
· Eliminating pickles and reducing cured salty meals
· Sugar packets, donuts, or pastries
· Fewer sweet desserts
If you have questions or comments about our food service program, please contact Dan Carlson @ 231-821-1731 or via e-mail email@example.com.