On February 25, 2014, voters in Muskegon County approved a one-mill property tax increase to improve technology and security within Muskegon County’s neighborhood public schools. The Technology & Security Enhancement Millage is the first of its kind in Muskegon County, and while funds flow through the MAISD, school leaders and elected school boards of education have complete control and oversight of their expenditures. Over the next ten years, this funding will pay for:
- New and upgraded personal learning devices
- Security upgrades, including added cameras and single, secure points of entry
- Expanded training and support for teachers
- Improved technical support
- Maintaining infrastructure to accommodate multiple learning devices
- Sustaining and maintaining current technology
Holton Public Schools is very fortunate to be able to benefit from this funding source, and we will assure you that we will be good stewards of this revenue and invest it wisely, as we improve the security of our schools and provide relevant learning experiences that prepare children for life filled with technological innovation.
Please download and review the Technology & Security 4 Students Accountability Report for the 2014-15 school year, as it provides a summary of expenditures in all public schools in Muskegon County. Thank you for your support of Holton Public Schools!