FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
This application must be filed every year a student is in college. The deadline for priority consideration is March 1st, but you can still file anytime.
To complete the FAFSA, you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your 2022 federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- A FSA ID to sign electronically
*If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).
- Try to complete your FAFSA as early as possible in order to maximize your financial aid
- State aid is awarded based on the school listed first on your FAFSA